So, I’ve finally started! Below you’ll find links for each of your poems (the numbers are those from the Songs of Ourselves: Volume 2 content page, but aren’t massively relevant). Alongside my poetry analysis you will find purple links that will take you to other relevant posts or documents on this site; blue links take you to interesting external stuff; and orange links are resources that have been sent to me by students or teachers wanting to help out!
Here is a brief summary of how I organise my analysis:
7. Love (III) (George Herbert)
8. Lovers’ Infiniteness (John Donne)
11. ‘She was a Phantom of Delight’ (William Wordsworth)
14. Tiger in the Menagerie (Emma Jones)
16. lion heart (Amanda Chong)
19. Heart and Mind (Edith Sitwell)
20. For My Grandmother Knitting (Liz Lochhead)
23. Father Returning Home (Dilip Chitre)
Song of Ourselves Volume 2 Love and Family – Word document with all the poems in. Perfect for quick printing.
How to Write the Perfect Essay – analysis of the way I would approach essay writing.
Mark Criteria – a description of how your essays and exams will be marked.